At J&H Outdoors we are looking for individuals who love the outdoors and love the environment, enjoy talking to people and genuinely want to inspire others to be more active in any outdoor setting. Sales Consultants at J&H Outdoors have the privilege of creating a unique experience for our Summit Club members and customers that we serve on a daily basis. By providing outstanding customer service and expert gear recommendations/product information, J&H has become a trusted source within the Lexington community for our customers' outdoor recreation needs. The Sales Consultant will work closely with customers to provide the best recommendations for their recreation/travel adventures. You will perform a range of tasks including sales, cashier, inventory preparation, and will need to possess strong customer service and communication skills. Sales Consultants will demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail at all times, and have the ability to function independently.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet customers and utilize the sales process to understand a customer's needs and ascertain the right combination of products and services for the customer.
- Provide positive and engaging, one of a kind customer service.
- Open and close cash registers.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Merchandise product according to sales plan.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Maintain level of cleanliness throughout the day.
- Bag or package purchases and wrap gifts.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
- Inventory stock and process new stock.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase.
- Work events like our customer appreciation sales event
- Other duties as needed/ assigned.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
- Prior experience in retail setting preferred, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interaction
- Ability to be on your feet for up to 8 hours
- Initiate tasks in your department
- Adheres to department assignments
- Basic understanding of computers/point of sale system
- Expected to be available during holiday seasons
- Interest in working in a team environment committed to providing excellent sales and service experience while increasing sales through service
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain open and positive relations with co-works and customers
- Interest in developing your own skills and knowledge
- Flexible Schedule
- Employee discounts after 60 days of employment
- Work with awesome people who love the outdoors
- Opportunity for Advancement
J&H Outdoors Mission Statement
We empower and encourage a joyful, safe, and nurturing relationship with the outdoors for EVERYONE by providing friendly, honest, inclusive, and professional customer service with our vast product selection of proven and trusted quality brands, and by engaging with our community through educational opportunities, and supporting various charities, groups, and causes.
EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUR FOUNDATION!