When it comes to keeping yourself and others healthy, all-day comfort is just as important as exceptional protection. That’s what Outdoor Research designers set out to do when we promised the Department of Defense the most effective solutions to the global pandemic. What we created for the DOD, and later for essential workers and hospital staff, was the most naturally breathable, spacious, and customizable solution for protecting yourself out of your home - and now, it can be yours.
Three key ingredients set the Outdoor Research Face Mask apart: First, the mask itself uses a revolutionary HEIQ V-BLOCK treatment to be resistant against spoilage from microbes. This science-backed technology was industrially oriented to reduce contamination for medical staff, and is only now available to the general public, making it the adjustable, reusable, and crushable mask alternative that’s more protective than basic cotton face coverings. Second, the filter has been tested to ASTM standards to filter greater than 95% of virus, bacteria, and particles. Third, a roomy design shaped to create a more comfortable breathing space, along with a nose wire to custom fit the mask to your face and prevent glasses from fogging.
This mask lets you breathe like you’re not wearing a face covering at all, and its spacious, customizable design lets you adjust for the most comfortable fit that’s tailored to your unique face size, shape, ears, and glasses.
Our reputation of delivering only the highest-quality protective solutions is the reason why the Outdoor Research Face Mask is so trusted, and so effective.
What's Included: 1 Face Mask, 3-Pack Large Essential Filters, and Protective Storage Pouch
About the Face Mask
- Fully customizable fit. Adjustable ear loops and nose wire for a comfortable snug fit.
- Microbe and Germ Resistant. Water & stain repellent, the mask can be laundered up to 30 times while maintaining 100% of the HEIQ V-BLOCK® performance. After 30 washes, the HEIQ V-BLOCK® will slowly diminish.
- Built to last. Durable polyester fabric outperforms cotton in a 10,000+ cycle abrasion test, and is faster to dry and wick moisture.
About the Filter
- Filters greater than 95% of virus, bacteria, and particles in accordance with ASTM test standards.
- Reduces the risk of contaminant transmission by utilizing very high filtration efficiency when used in conjunction with a mask.
- Made in the USA.
- Breathable & Non-Irritating.
The filters are designed to be disposable, replace based on your amount of use and judgment. If you live in a hot climate or wear a mask 8+ hours a day to work, you may want to replace your filter more frequently. Average wear should give you approximately 5-7 days.
This face mask is not intended for medical use. Outdoor Research recommends following guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for mask use.
** Final Sale: Sorry, we do not accept returns or exchanges on masks, neck gaiters, or face coverings. **
This product has not been FDA cleared or approved. This product makes no claims of antiviral protection, infection prevention, or reduction. This product is not intended for use in a medical setting.